Disaster Risk Management Programme
"Better be Safe, Than be Sorry!!!"
Disaster is a sudden, adverse, or unfortunate event which causes great damage to Human Beings as well as plants & animals. Disaster occur rapidly , instantaneously and indiscriminately.
Thus, the primary objective of this program is to reduce the overall risks due to disasters in hazard prone districts. It focuses on awareness generation and education, training and better preparedness of the people, who may suffer, as well as accurate and timely dissemination of warning. It is the role of the people to support each other during the tough times of natural hazards and our DRM programmes plays a major role during disasters.
How we will operate?
- Our overall goal is to facilitate sustainable reduction in disaster risk
- Multi-hazard preparedness and mitigation plans in disaster prone areas.
- Dissemination of cost effective alternate technologies for hazard resistant housing.
- Village volunteers would be created to a group to carry out the village based natural disaster risk management programmes
- Facilities to provide basic amenities during the time of flood.
What you need to do ?
- Provide relief at the time of disasters.
- Sending us food items, medicines and daily needs that are required in their day to day lives during the tough times.
- Spread the word.